In this Photoshop tutorial you’ll learn how to turn any photo into a comic book cartoon art effect in no time using smart objects, Just drag&drop your image inside the smart object and get the comic book effect in seconds.
- Create a new document with any dimensions you like.
- Import the image you want to work with from File>Place Embedded.
- Make a selection around your subject with the Quick Selection Tool.
- refine edges by right-clicking the mask thumbnail and choose Select and Mask “CC” or Refine Edge “CS6”.
- Use Filter> Filter Gallery> Artistic> Poster Edges> 2,1,3.
- also, Filter> Filter Gallery> Artistic> Cutout> 4,4,2, with 25% opacity.
- Apply Filter> Filter Gallery> Artistic> Dry Brush> 1,3,1, with 25% opacity.
- Also, apply Filter> Filter Gallery> Stylize> Glowing Edges> 1,3,8. and change Blending Mode to Screen and Opacity to 50%.
- And using a combination of different proper filters from the Filter Gallery, you will have a good final result.
- Then, apply some adjustment layers to enhance the final effect result.