In this oil painting Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to turn photo to oil painting effect in Photoshop cc with very easy-to-follow steps. at the end of the tutorial, you will be able to turn almost any photo into a painting effect.
- First of all, you should check the image size that you are working with. Your image should not be lower than 1500 Pixels in width or height.
- Duplicate your layer and adjust Levels and Highlights and Shadows.
- Add sharpness to your image using the High Pass filter and Unsharp Mask filter.
- Apply Filter> Stylize> Diffuse> Anisotropic, then rotate your image 90 degrees and apply the filter again and rotate again. This will apply the filter from different angles.
- Use the Reduce Noise Filter to make the skin much smoother.
- Use a High Pass filter and Unsharp Mask if needed to make your final result sharp again.
- Add some color overlays and some adjustment layers to enhance the overall output.