In this cartoon effect Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to make cartoon in Photoshop without using the pen tool. at the end of the tutorial you’ll be able to know how to cartoon yourself in Photoshop and also you can cartoonize any photo with the same previous method.
you also can download a cartoon Photoshop action from the description below (for Patrons only).
- First of all, Go and check your image size. Make sure that, one of the Width or Height is 2000 pixels.
- Grab your Quick Selection Tool from the tools panel. Start selecting your object.
- Enhance your selection as much as you can with the Select&Mask.
- Use the Pen Tool to create a wavy background.
- Merge your layers and go to Filter Gallery and under Artistic folder choose Poster Edge. and add these values 0, 0, and 2.
- Apply Filter> Sharpen> Unsharp Mask. Keep Amount Value at 90%, with 5 Pixels Radius, and 10 Threshold.
- Apply Oil paint filter. Make Stylization 4, Cleanliness 3, and Scale 0.1, and keep all other values 0.
- Duplicate, Use Poster edge again and to add some details. and apply Oil Paint on it.
- Create a High Pass layer with 2 px radius and overlay blend mode.
- Add some adjustment layers to enhance the final result.