This is an updated tutorial about how to convert raster image to vector in Photoshop using a simple trick. Enjoy!
- Create a New Document with any dimensions you like. Then, Import your image in it from File > Place Embedded.
- Make a quick selection around the part that you want to convert to vector. using the quick selection tool or the pen tool. then, isolate that selected part using a Layer Mask.
- Select the layer and apply the Smart Sharpen filter on it.
- Import and run the Oil paint action on your image. Then, Add a Threshold Adjustment Layer above it.
- Change the Threshold level to a proper value. and add some splashes using the splash brushes.
- Make your image sharper by adding a High Pass filter with overlay blend mode.
- Merge all visible layers to a new layer. then, from Select> Color Range, make a selection out of the black color.
- Grab any selection tool and right click inside the previous selection and choose Make Work Path.
- Create a New Layer, then Create a solid color fill. This will create a Shape layer out of this path.