In this photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to convert any photo into an oil painting effect with an extra vector tone.
We will use a combination of some easy filters such as smart sharpen, unsharp mask, Diffuse filter, surface blur…etc.
At the end of the tutorial, you will be able to get a great oil paint effect without even using the oil paint filter.
- First, make sure that the smallest dimension is between 2000~3000px.
- Apply both unsharp mask filter with reducing noise.
- Apply diffuse filter 4 times with rotating canvas in each step.
- Use the surface blur filter to wipe out the tiny details of your image.
- Add some adjustment layers like Vibrance, Levels, Color Balance…etc.