In this Photoshop tutorial you will learn how to make a Colorful Neon text effect using only Smart Objects. once you finish the tutorial, you will be able to make a complete real multi color Neon text Mockup and you can recreate the neon effect out of it with a single click.
- After extracting the assets files, You’ll have Comfortaa Font, Tutorial Background, and Wire action
- Go ahead and install the font first. Open the PSD Background file. and Import the action file “Wire.atn”.
- Pick the Type Tool and type “Neon”. Change font to Comfortaa Bold with size “550 Pt”. Convert the text to Smart Object.
- Double-click thumbnail to open the Smart Object
- Using Crop Tool, you can widen the smart object size to about 2000Px *2000 Px, it is the same as the main document size.
- Press CTRL+S to save and Rename to “Text”. after that Duplicate it with CTRL + J 4 times.
- Select the 5 Layers and decrease Fill to 0%, then make a group of them. Name it “Neon Text”.
- You should style every layer from bottom to top to give us a proper neon effect.
- Double click “Text” Layer to open its Layer Style window.
- Please enter the given values from the video. these values are the most suitable values chosen after several trials to give you the proper neon effect.
- Now, import the fixing and duplicate it with CTRL+J several times and distribute them all over the neon
- Now, make a wire. Pick the Pen Tool and make sure that it is drawing a Path not a Shape, then, after drawing you path, go and run the wire action. this will create a wire behind the neon text.
- Add some Adjustment Layers.